Here are some verses shared in the back of a Gideon New Testament that led to me becoming a Christian. (Be sure to read My Story – about my new changed life in Christ!)
God Loves You
- For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. – John 3:16
All are Sinners
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God – Romans 3:23
- As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one. – Romans 3:10
God’s Remedy for Sin
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord – Romans 6:23
- But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become the chidlren of God, even to those who believe in His name. – John 1:12
- For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
All May Be Saved Now
- Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. Revelations 3:20
- For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.” - Romans 10:13
My Decision to Receive Christ As My Savior
Confessing to God that I am a sinner, and believing that the Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins on the cross and was raised for my justification, I do now receive and confess Him as my personal Saviour.
Seeking a Church
After making your decision to receive Christ, we encourage you to prayerfully seek a local church, congregation, or assembly that will assist you in growing as a new Christian by the clear teaching of the Bible.
Assurance As a Believer
- That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. – Romans 10:9
- “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. – John 5:24
- But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. – John 20:31
There have been times when I have joined new groups at church and I can remember attending for long periods of time without anyone ever asking me if I knew Christ or not. They just assumed I knew Christ. If you are a small group leader, make it your first priority to find out if your members know Christ.
If you already know Christ as your Savior, find out if your loved ones and friends know Christ and share the good news! Easier said then done, I know, but pray for the right opportunity and the courage to share your faith with others.
Are there any of you not sure of your salvation?
Any of you believe you can lose your salvation?
Any of you believe that Jesus isn’t the only way to God?
Any of you consider yourselves friends of Jesus without believing He’s the Son of God, equal to God?
If you have any questions about becoming saved and would like me to speak to you privately, please fill out the form under the “contact”and I will get in touch with you immediately!
last update 4/13/2015
© 2008 – 2015, Carlotta Morrow. All rights reserved.